Discussion: Gettin' to the good stuff!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 5 posts
JusticeGH
JusticeGH
Gettin' to the good stuff!
Dec 4 2007, 3:38 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 4 2007, 3:38 PM EST
For those of you who haven't gone back and watched Luke's story pre-Noah, the most important scenes are coming up. In Part 71, Luke comes out to Will. In the next couple of scenes he'll be coming out to his parents. Van does a great job through most of these scenes, so they're worth checking out if you haven't...or revisiting if you have. Do you find this valuable?    
twins1729
twins1729
1. RE: Gettin' to the good stuff!
Dec 4 2007, 4:10 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 4 2007, 4:10 PM EST
I haven't seen anyone's reaction to Luke being gay other than Will's, Lily, Holden's, and Kevin's. I'm really excited about what coming up! Part 72 should be up around noon tomorrow. :) Do you find this valuable?    
JusticeGH
JusticeGH
2. RE: Gettin' to the good stuff!
Dec 4 2007, 5:43 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 4 2007, 5:43 PM EST
Yeah, I'm curious to see what scenes either aren't up on Youtube, or I've just missed. Here's Lucy's reaction, which is one we won't get to for a while yet. It's almost refreshing that she stereotypes, since everyone else was pretty much either super negative or almost perfect in their response. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qriZhlb6OSg Do you find this valuable?    
atwtfan
atwtfan
3. RE: Gettin' to the good stuff!
Dec 5 2007, 5:12 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 5 2007, 5:12 AM EST
I remember when Luke came out. Lucys reaction was cliche, but Will was great Do you find this valuable?    
JusticeGH
JusticeGH
4. RE: Gettin' to the good stuff!
Dec 5 2007, 6:08 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 5 2007, 6:08 AM EST
While Lucy hit the cliches, it was great that she just took it in stride. When I was coming out, there were people I wanted to help me work through it, and there were people who I wanted to just be ok with it and move on, so it was nice to see both. And the show addressed the cliches by having her use them, and Luke point out that none of them meant anything to him. Will's scene is among my favorites. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)