Discussion: what word does each country use for the word PoppetsReported This is a featured thread

Showing 21 - 24 of 24  |  Show  posts at a time
Previous | 1 2
Rathnakumar
Rathnakumar
20. RE: what word does each country use for the word Poppets
May 20 2008, 10:32 AM EDT | Post edited: May 20 2008, 10:32 AM EDT
"Ahaha!
Tough one! According to my harrap's shorter dictionnary, poppet : chéri, petit chou, mamour. LOL!
I personnally would translate "my poppets" by "mes piou-pious", that's how I call my pupils in drama class!
:-)"
mes piou-pious!!!

That sounds nice!!! :D
Do you find this valuable?    

ImurNoah
21. RE: what word does each country use for the word Poppets
May 20 2008, 2:31 PM EDT | Post edited: May 20 2008, 2:31 PM EDT
As there is not an exact translation I doubted a lot how to put it. Especially the words from the heart can be so various. In Argentina:
Poppet as in doll: Muñeco (boy) Muñeca (girl), diminutive: muñequita, muñequito. Can be used for children that are very cute.

Poppet as in sweetheart: Tesoro, querido, amor, dulce, precioso. The fist one meaning “treasure” is the closest the use that I see is applied.
pobgoblin
pobgoblin
22. RE: what word does each country use for the word Poppets
May 21 2008, 3:50 AM EDT | Post edited: May 21 2008, 3:50 AM EDT
"well diva, we would say poppets, if not peaoples here in the land of Aus (i wont spell it OZ cause its used wayyyy to much for my liking!!!)"
poppets makes me think of Dame Edna Everage! :D
pobgoblin
pobgoblin
23. RE: what word does each country use for the word Poppets
May 21 2008, 3:52 AM EDT | Post edited: May 21 2008, 3:52 AM EDT
in Scotland we would say 'wee poppets!'
:)

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)