Discussion: First!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 6 posts

philtre
First!
Jan 1 2009, 5:14 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 1 2009, 5:14 AM EST
I've never been a fan of soaps. When I was a kid, I used to watch them on Sky One after school, but I found them pretty boring and never really got hooked to any of the storylines. I think the only American daytime soap that achieved any kind of popularity in these parts was Santa Barbara.

The funny thing is, that in the past 2 decades, there has been a flood of Latino soap operas and tele-novellas. I can't even describe how massively successful they are over here. To the point of having dedicated TV channels, showing them 24/7. I guess our temperament is similar, or something.

But, through the magic of YouTube, I managed to get totally hooked on the Luke and Noah storyline. Not just because it's the first significant (male) gay story ever on daytime soap, but also because I was impressed with the actors' performances. However bizarre the plots get, they manage to pull it off so well. Not just Van and Jake, but most of the other young actors. It must be some new school, because I don't ever remember soaps being this realistic. Even the obligatory zoom-in at the end of a scene doesn't seem over-the-top anymore.

Anyway, I hope I can get more friends hooked, because it's just so funnn!
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: None
geezlouise
geezlouise
1. RE: First!
Jan 1 2009, 6:19 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 1 2009, 6:19 AM EST
Welcome, I'm Sue from the United States. Do you find this valuable?    
maggie119
maggie119
2. RE: First!
Jan 1 2009, 6:34 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 1 2009, 6:34 AM EST
Welcome! I'm Maggie from the US. What's your name? Do you find this valuable?    
luv2writeandread
luv2writeandread
3. RE: First!
Jan 1 2009, 6:35 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 1 2009, 6:35 AM EST
WELCOME IM KATIE 17 FROM CANADA
WELCOME TO THE CRAZY INTERNATIONAL NUKE LOVING FAMILY!
Do you find this valuable?    
drunkyluke
drunkyluke
4. RE: First!
Jan 1 2009, 7:23 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 1 2009, 7:23 AM EST
welcome, i'm james from toronto canada. Do you find this valuable?    
gabryland
gabryland
5. RE: First!
Jan 1 2009, 8:35 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 1 2009, 8:35 AM EST
Welcome, I' m Gabriella, from Italy Do you find this valuable?