Discussion: pre Van clip!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 8 posts

dputig07
pre Van clip!
Sep 11 2007, 2:57 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 11 2007, 2:57 PM EDT
Pre-Van hansis Luke when he was in the hospital basically dying from kidney/renal failure

pt 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JwDnWDbtkA
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None
twins1729
twins1729
1. RE: pre Van clip!
Sep 11 2007, 3:04 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 11 2007, 3:04 PM EDT
As much as I love the character and story of Luke, it still feels kind of strange having a different guy play him.

Though, he COULD pass for Van's younger brother or something.

I hope Van (and Jake) are legends on the show like Lily and Holden and become a Supercouple as well!
Do you find this valuable?    

dputig07
2. RE: pre Van clip!
Sep 11 2007, 3:12 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 11 2007, 3:12 PM EDT
lol, true dat, i' only started watching in like July so it's been all Van pretty much, though i did see the person before Weary as Luke on youtube, talk about going way back in ATWT years! thought the clip might be of interest, cuz it's about a month before Van takes over the role and the scene overlaps well into the storylines that he took over Do you find this valuable?    
twins1729
twins1729
3. RE: pre Van clip!
Sep 11 2007, 3:24 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 11 2007, 3:24 PM EDT
I see people asking all the time "Why did it jump in the middle?"

People have to explain, "that's when Van took over the roll and Luke had a bigger story."

Well, if someone wants to see just right before Van came on. There it is. :)

dputig07
4. RE: pre Van clip!
Sep 11 2007, 3:26 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 11 2007, 3:26 PM EDT
gotta love sorasing and people not understanding that not all storylines, history, etc shift with the character aging Do you find this valuable?    
Zodiac32
Zodiac32
5. RE: pre Van clip!
Sep 20 2007, 9:27 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 20 2007, 9:27 PM EDT
As much as I love ATWT, I *hated* the Luke with renal failure storyline. I, myself have had a kidney transplant a good 11 years ago and have lived through it all. The way the show handled it was completely disbelieving to anyone who's had such medical problems. You don't just walk away from a kidney transplant like everything's fine. They never show him taking any sort of medication or anything like that... it's simply unrealistic. Good show, good character, bad writing/research. :end rant: Do you find this valuable?    
twins1729
twins1729
6. RE: pre Van clip!
Sep 20 2007, 9:52 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 20 2007, 9:52 PM EDT
That's the same thing with Rosanna.

She's was in a coma for two years and she's up and about in a matter of weeks?

It literally takes about a year for that kind of progress to happen.
Zodiac32
Zodiac32
7. RE: pre Van clip!
Sep 20 2007, 10:06 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 20 2007, 10:06 PM EDT
Exactly.

And they say that once you're in a coma for so many weeks or months, you lose valuable brain function that you will probably never get back. So, honestly, she should have been in a complete vegetative state a long, long time ago. It's not something someone just bounecs back from. So, unless they know how to work miracles over in Switzerland or wherever she was, that too was completely unrealistic.

But I suppose that's why it's a soap opera. XD